Friday, September 11, 2009

Robert 'Birdy' Mullen

There aren't enough pages in this blogosphere to contain the words I could say about Birdy. He was the top. Gone entirely too soon and there's part of my heart that has never mended. He was my guardo camino. My muse, my compadre, my brother. I can state 100% truthfully that without him I would not be who I am today. He taught me. He helped me. He showed me that music isn't just what you hear, it's what you feel. He helped me understand that music that isn't shared isn't meeting its potential. He was the best musician I have ever seen, heard, or imagined. I'm truly sorry if you didn't know him because you're life would have been all the better if you had.

Every song I've ever heard reminds me of Birdy. Every song I will ever hear will remind me of him.

These are the ones that have special meaning to me and the ones that are the soundtrack to the movie in my memory.


New Order-True Faith



the Clash-Stay Free



the Gun Club-Walking With The Beast



the Nipple Erectors-So Pissed Off



the Rave-Ups-In My Gremlin



Screaming Trees-Beyond This Horizon



Michael Hutchence-Rooms For The Memory




Love And Rockets-Haunted When The Minutes Drag



Stranglers-North Wind




I miss you brother.

















the Wonderstuff-Sing the Absurd

No comments: