Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Songs of Protest Part I


Songs of protest have always been around. No matter how much the political and cultural landscape has changed, they always seem relevant. I admire the artists that create them and I admire the folks that adhere to them. I admire the cheeky ones as much as the serious ones because they still make a point as do the ones in different languages (these serve to inspire research). I like that people have the ability to put themselves on equal footing and it gives me hope that one day, my children will live in a better world than ours.




Steve Earle-Christmas In Washington



Consolidated-Friendly Fascism



Dropkick Murphys-Boys On The Docks



Billy Bragg-Which Side Are You On



Ian Brown-Illegal Attacks (ft Sinead O'Connor)



Joe Strummer-Redemption Song



Junip-Ghost of Tom Joad (Springsteen)



Power In A Union (Unknown)



Ani DiFranco-Hello Birmingham




The Men They Couldn't Hang-Ghosts of Cable Street



Tim Barry-This Land Is Your Land

No comments: